• It can be used for performing multiple journeys and is specially meant for regular commuters between two fixed stations.
• A Single journey from one station to the destination station is a TRIP.
• A bundle of trips say, either 10, 40, 50 or 100 can be loaded into the Card for travel within a fare zone.
• Sanchar fare is discounted upto 10% of the Varshik fare.
• Sanchar ticket can also be loaded along with Varshik ticket and in such cases, fare charged during travel will be the lowest of the two.
Rules for Trip Ticket (Sanchar):
• In addition to default Stored Value Ticket available in Contactless Smart Cards, Trip Ticket (Sanchar) can also be loaded on these cards. The card is then considered to be carrying Multi-Ticket. During performance of journey, the ticket which is beneficial to passenger is used at the gates.
• Trip Ticket permits a set number of trips of upto a defined number of stations (fare zones), valid for a defined period. These are useful for passengers performing journey regularly between two fixed points viz. home to workplace.
• The passenger can buy a bundle of trips out of the following available forms of trip tickets. Each trip enables a passenger toperform a single journey.
• 10 Trips ticket (Sanchara-10): permits 10 trips, valid for 1 month
• 40 Trips ticket (Sanchara-40): permits 40 trips , valid for 3 months
• 50 Trips ticket(Sanchara-50): permits 50 trips , valid for 3 months
• 100 Trips ticket(Sanchara-100): permits 100 trips , valid for 6 months
• The smart card will be loaded with the requested number of trips and the trip counter in the card will be set to this value. This trip counter will be decremented when passenger exits from the paid area.
Trip Validity: Trip Ticket will be valid for all trips upto and including the number of stations (farezones) purchased for each trip no matter at which station the trip starts.
Overstay Rule: A passenger holding a valid ticket can exit from same station within 20 minutes and from other stations within 120 minutes. For overstaying in paid area of Namma Metro beyond these limits, penalty of Rs 10 per hour is charged subject to a maximum of Rs 50.
Validity period: The validity period for the trip tickets will be applicable as defined for each trip ticket type. The trips that are unused at the end of the ticket validity period will lapse unless further trips are loaded before the validity period expires.
Reload of Trip Ticket: If there is an existing trip ticket in the smart card, only the same number of stations (farezones) of tripmay be reloaded in that card. Any remaining old trips shall be added to new trips. For example if a passenger wants to reload a 10 trip Ticket with 2 trips remaining (already consumed 8 trips) and fare value for new 10 trip Ticket will be same as old say Rs. 80. In this case passenger shall pay Rs. 80 and 10 trips get reloaded on card which makes total number of trips in card equal to 12 (10 new and 2 old). The old trips will also have the same validity date as the new trips. If a passenger wants different stations (farezones) of trip, he must get a refund of the existing ticket and load a new trip ticket.
Exit from same station: A passenger holding Trip ticket will have his one trip decremented if he exits from the samestation. Alternatively he can approach Customer Care Centre, if he opts to exit the station without performing journey, after entering the paid area, within specified time limit. On payment of minimum fare by cash, the trip counter will not be decremented and the trip ticket will be adjusted to allow exit. In case of overstay, no decrement of trip count is done, but minimum fare and penalty is received by cash.
Discount on Trip tickets: The 10, 40, 50 and 100 trip tickets have a percentage discount over Stored value ticket fares ranging from about 5 to 10 %.